Summer is almost here, and as the weather heats up so does the list of exciting things to do in the Abaco Islands. From celebrating Bahamian Independence to boating events and festivals, everyone in your family is sure to have a great trip to the Abacos this summer.
This year, summer kicks off with the Abaco Goombay Summer Festival, which runs on Friday, June 14th and Friday, June 21st. This family-friendly festival showcases the exciting culture of the Bahamas. You can taste local cuisine, listen to live music and purchase handcrafted Bahamian goods. Better leave some extra room in your suitcase! If you attend this festival, you’ll even experience a Junkanoo rush-out, in which local dance troupes parade through the streets in dazzling, colorful costumes to the island rhythms of goatskin drums, cowbells, bugles and whistles.
Regatta time is another great event taking place in the Abacos this summer, and it is the perfect way to get in some time on the water while competing with other racing boats. Regatta Time officially begins on June 25th and runs through July 4th. The race kicks off in Marsh Harbour, and boaters will spend the following days sailing through some of the most beautiful islands in the Abacos.
Looking for the ultimate party this summer? You have to check out the Cheeseburger in Paradise party in Green Turtle Cay. This event began in the 1980s as a way for Jimmy Buffet fans to meet up and spend some time together under the tropical sunshine. Since then, the party has grown, and partygoers can spend the day boat hopping with their families. Did we mention that record-breaking numbers of free margaritas and hamburgers are given out each year at this event? This one-day-only party is set for July 2nd, so make your plans now.
The Bahamas is also excited to celebrate 46 years as a fully independent nation on July 10th. The Bahamas separated from the United Kingdom on July 10, 1973, but it remains a member of The Commonwealth of Nations. Join locals to celebrate with a week of Junkanoo, carnival parades and firework displays.
With so many exciting events happening in the Abacos this summer, it’s no surprise that Air Unlimited is expanding its flight options. Book your trip to the Abacos today at www.flyairunlimited.com, and experience any of the incredible celebrations happening this summer. You might experience something new, or simply have a great time enjoying the culture and the sunshine with your friends and family.
Wellness tourism is one of the fastest growing areas of travel and could serve more than 1 billion travelers this year as people are increasingly trying to find new ways to unplug and destress. Wellness travel focuses on promoting health and wellbeing while also allowing travelers to experiencing stunning destinations. A luxury getaway in the Abacos is the perfect way for you to destress, recharge the body and nourish the mind.
We live in a fast-paced world where work is no longer confined to a nine to five desk job. People are regularly checking work emails from the moment they wake up until the moment they fall asleep at night – but in the Abacos you can truly unwind. In fact, research has shown that serotonin, a chemical in the body that is known to make people feel happy, is almost immediately released when you arrive on the beach. The beach is also a great way to get in some natural light therapy, which is recommended by doctors and therapists to help combat anxiety and stress. Imagine how relaxed and at ease you would feel after a weekend lounging on the pristine, white sand beaches in the Abaco Islands.
To take relaxation to the next level during your trip to the Abacos, consider booking a spa day at Island Spirit Day Spa in Treasure Cay or The Abaco Club’s exclusive spa. Aside from making you feel great, massage therapy also helps to reduce fatigue, improve sleep, eliminate toxins and improve circulation.
Want to add a little exercise into your vacation? Yoga has been shown to improve athletic performance, increase protection from injury and improve cardiovascular and circulatory health. Relaxing outdoor yoga classes are offered at many of the resorts – The Abaco Beach Club offers classes on Wednesdays and Saturdays and the Treasure Cay Beach, Marina and Golf Resort offers classes on Mondays and Fridays.
If yoga isn’t your thing, take a walk around Hope Town and explore one of the many quaint villages in the Bahamas or book an excursion that allows you to get more active. Some of our recommendations include Cruise Abaco, which offers both charter services and day sails where guests can visit surrounding islands, and Dive Abaco for snorkeling and underwater adventures.
A luxury getaway in the Abacos is the perfect way to unplug from work and the stresses of like back home – but you don’t have to wait until you land to start relaxing. Book a trip with Air Unlimited at www.flyairunlimited.com, and you can feel at ease from the moment you step foot in our hangar. We’ll handle everything while you sit back in our spacious planes and enjoy the view.
Many flights from Florida to the Bahamas cost several hundred dollars, yet still expect travelers to endure long security lines, dreaded layovers and additional parking, pet and baggage fees (which can really add up). In fact, a study conducted by the International Air Transport Association shows that a majority of flyers believe a few airport hassles top the rest, including how much time is wasted, the inconvenience of security and the hassle of checking luggage. Are you interested in how a luxury flight experience avoids these dreaded travel pains – at a price that’s more affordable than you’d think? If so, Air Unlimited has insight on how a little extra investment might be worth it for travelers in search of stress-free travel.
At Air Unlimited, up to nine guests are invited to fly in style for the affordable price of a commercial first-class ticket. Daily flights are available from Sanford, Florida to the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas, and tickets include free luggage up to 40 lbs., free valet parking and quick security. The experience has you arriving at the hangar and boarding the plane in a fraction of the time of any commercial airline. Then, the flight is just over an hour to paradise with every seat featuring plenty of legroom and outstanding window views. Additionally, our direct flights mean you won’t waste any vacation time at a connecting airport, and instead, you will be able to spend more time exploring the islands.
Based in Sanford, Florida, Air Unlimited serves travelers not only statewide, but nationwide too, and a luxury flight experience isn’t the only thing attracting customers from far-and-wide. Central Florida is a destination that millions of people seek to visit throughout the year. With people from all over the country visiting Central Florida as a touch point to board a cruise and head to the tropical islands – it makes sense to take a luxury flight to the islands instead. Tourists flocking the region for its famed theme parks, entertainment and dining can consider extending their vacation to include a quick flight to the Bahamas as the cherry-on-top to a perfect trip.
Regardless of the journey that brings you to our hangar, Air Unlimited ensures that a hassle-free experience awaits you at our front door. A luxury flight experience is unlike any other, so instead of enduring through common travel pains, consider booking with us for a truly relaxing getaway. You can book your next trip online, and if you plan to frequent the islands, we also offer a Book of Coupons with an annual fixed price and added traveler benefits.
Nothing is better than a relaxing vacation with all your loved ones. When you book an Abaco getaway, you are booking a fabulous beach vacation for every member of the family, even the four-legged members. We know traveling with your pets can seem daunting, but if you are prepared, it really is a breeze. Here are some of our tips for bringing your pets on a flight, whether it’s flying to the Abacos or traveling to a different destination:
- Visit your veterinarian. – Make sure you plan a vet visit a few weeks ahead of your trip. Your vet will make sure your pet has all of its vaccines and will sign a health certificate, which is required for travel on many airlines. Every state adheres to different policies, so make sure to do your research to ensure you don’t miss any important steps leading up to and during your trip. Additionally, your vet can also provide you with tips for keeping your pet calm during the flight.
- Plan ahead. – Receiving the correct documentation and confirming flight arrangements can take time, so it’s always a good idea to book in advance. If you are flying to the Abacos with your pet, you can learn more about the process and what you will need on The Government of the Bahamas website or at Bahama’s Pet Permit. Additionally, some airlines have a limit on the number of pets allowed per flight and reserving ahead of time can guarantee your furry friend a ticket before they sell-out. Don’t forget that you should also pack your pet’s favorite toys, treats, and necessities into an easily accessible bag the night before you leave for vacation.
- Think about meal time. – We all know that travel is a nightmare when we don’t feel well, and the same goes for our pets. Because of this, it’s a good idea to avoid feeding your pet a large meal right before boarding the plane to prevent an upset stomach. Also, make sure they have something to chew on during take-off and landing. This will help prevent their ears from popping and will make them more comfortable.
- Schedule play time before travel time. – Travel time can make for a long day for our furry friends, so make sure you schedule some time for your pet to run around and play before you head to the airport. This will help them release their energy, and a tired pet will rest easier on the plane.
- Fly direct, whenever possible. – Layovers are already inconvenient but imagine trying to manage a pet through a connecting flight. As bad as the wait is for you, it’s even harder for your pet. If possible, try to cut down your pet’s total air time and travel time by booking direct flights.
Flying with Air Unlimited makes taking your pet on an Abaco getaway easier than ever. Two pets are allowed on board per flight and are welcome to relax in the cabin space with you. If your pet is more energetic, they can fly on a close harness or in a pet carrier next to you. Once you land, you and your four-legged friend will be well rested and ready for fun in the sun. Call us today for more information at (407) 585-4300.