Indulge in a complete island vacation filled with miles of sandy beaches, quaint colonial towns, and exquisite resorts. The Abaco Islands are an ideal location for the perfect adult-friendly vacation. Our Air Unlimited crew has firsthand experience exploring the islands and has great recommendations for individuals, friends or couples traveling to the Abacos without kids in tow. For the adrenaline seeker, wine and dine couple, or adult looking to relax – do not miss out on the perfect Abacos getaway.
Best Abacos “Watering Holes”
No shoes? No shirt? No problem – bar hopping and dining in the Abacos is the perfect way to enjoy drinks and tasty delights beachside. The restaurants in the Bahamas thrive on laughing faces, sandy feet, live music and sunshine. Don’t miss out on the lively experience of a Pina Colada overlooking the clear blue waters.
Our recommended bar destinations include:
- Nipper’s Beach Bar & Grill in Great Guana Cay
- The famous Pig Roast Party is every Sunday afternoon with live music, dancing and sandy white beaches, and frozen cocktails are available every day for a refreshing signature Abaco drink.
- Grabbers Bed, Bar and Grille in Great Guana Cay
- Known for its famous Grabber cocktails and featuring the most interesting and tasty food on the Cay, this hotspot prepares everything fresh daily for its guests.
- Tipsy Seagull Pool Bar in Treasure Cay
- A traditional favorite for tourists with an open atmosphere, cool tropical drinks, and dancing to live music ‘til the wee hours.
The beautiful views of the Abacos are something no one wants to miss, and thankfully there are scenic adventures offered by sky, land and water. When it comes to traveling to new places, experiencing your destination from every angle can give you a new perspective and memories that last a lifetime.
For the adventurous side in you, here are some of the best excursions in the Abacos:
- Shark Diving with docile Abacos native sharks
- Mingle with the reef sharks in crystal clear blue water and explore their underwater stomping grounds.
- Day Trips in the outer islands
- With surrounding islands and cays – there is much to explore and experience. Rent a boat or ferry to ride the waves and take a dip in between islands.
- Golf Cart Blast Tours on Treasure Cay
- Experience the natural beauty and scenic views of the cay, while winding and carving your way through the island. With golf courses nearby, a quick game of golf is encouraged.
Spending vacation time with a significant other in a romantic beach destination has romance written all over it. Be fully surrounded by white sandy beaches, crystal waters, aromas of the island and sounds of gentle waves crashing on the shore. There is a romance novel written in the sand with these relaxing moments.
For romantic ideas be sure to check out these top recommendations:
- Over the water oasis at Kamalame Cay
- Facials, body treatments and massages give the ultimate revitalization and relaxation to any couple staying at the Cay.
- Castaway Picnic
- Have the day to yourselves under a palm tree on your own private island with a gourmet hamper filled with a delicious lunch and wine.
- Wild Pigs at No Name Cay
- Relax on the beach with a cute group of friendly pigs swimming in the crystal-clear waters that are fun to feed and picture-ready, so bring your camera!
If you’re looking for additional recommendations on local activities to try, visit our destinations page for more insight into each island and where to explore. To get there, Air Unlimited offers affordable, luxury flights for adults traveling to experience an Abacos Getaway. Visit us online or give us a call at (407) 585-4300.
With its calm waters, warm breezes and stunning panoramic views, the Abaco Islands are an ideal location for the perfect family vacation. Our Air Unlimited crew has firsthand experience exploring the islands and has some great recommendations for families traveling to the Abacos. Whether you’re craving action-packed water sports or have your sights set on a uniquely serene experience with your loved ones – you won’t want to miss these bucket list ideas.
Island Hopping Destinations
A unique group of islands form a 120-mile-long chain, helping the Abacos stretch over 650 square miles. With bay-scalloped coastlines, dream-worthy coves and picture-perfect harbors, it’s no surprise that island hopping by boat is one of our favorite family activities in this area and something that should be on everyone’s trip bucket list.
Our recommended destinations and experiences by boat include:
- Private relaxation at Tahiti Beach on Elbow Cay
- This desolate oasis is perfect for a more private beach experience amid soft white sand and coconut trees.
- Scenic views from the Hope Town Lighthouse
- This candy-striped landmark is one of the last manually operated lighthouses in the world and boasts outstanding views from the top.
- Brendal’s Dive Center at Green Turtle Cay
- This dive shop offers everything from snorkeling and scuba diving to glass bottom boat tours to explore one of the world’s largest barrier reefs.
Mouth-Watering Bites & Delights
While traveling in the Abacos, you’ll want to make sure to cross off the top food and drink destinations from your bucket list. The Bahamas has a lively food scene from restaurants and bars to bakeries and ice cream parlors.
For families, here are some of our favorite dining spots in the Abacos:
- Family dining at Firefly Bar & Grill
- The terrace is a great place to catch the sunset over the Sea of Abaco, a beautiful saltwater lagoon, while enjoying a delicious meal of fresh fish and local cuisine.
- Island Bakery in Marsh Harbour
- The perfect place to cool off while enjoying baked breads and pastries that have delighted guests for decades.
- Café La Florence in Treasure Cay
- They’re famous in the islands for their freshly baked cinnamon rolls, which are big enough for two.
A Unique Wilderness Experience
Flights to the Abacos are always met with incredibly unique experiences that families rarely have the chance to experience elsewhere. There are very few tropical locations throughout the world that offer the opportunity to swim with wild pigs on an otherwise uninhabited island.
For bucket list ideas like this, be sure to check out these top recommendations:
- Wild Pigs at No Name Cay
- You’ll find a group of pigs swimming in the crystal-clear waters that are fun to feed and picture-ready, so bring your camera!
- Sharks and Stingrays at Manjack Cay
- There is a small cove right off the cay that is home to a group of friendly stingrays and harmless sharks for an incredible snorkeling experience.
If you’re looking for additional recommendations on local activities to try, visit our destinations page for more insight into each island and where to explore. To get there, Air Unlimited offers affordable, luxury flights for families traveling to the Abacos. Visit us online or give us a call at (407) 585-4300.