Time slows down when you take your first step on the pristine Pink Sands Beach on the coast of Dunmore Town. A seafront village that began as a summer residence for the first governor of the Bahamas, Dunmore Town provides picturesque views away from the more touristy spots on the island.
It is easy to get lost in the tropical hideaways of Dunmore Town. This secluded village is the perfect destination for a vacation full of relaxation and fine dining. Air Unlimited will fly you right into North Eleuthera and the only thing separating you from this heavenly town is a ten-minute drive to the ferry dock and a scenic ferry ride over to Harbour Island!
Air Unlimited recommends these historic and relaxing resorts to experience the luxury, elegance and charm of this quaint town in Harbour Island. If you’re ready to dip your toes in crystal blue waters and lay out on powdery pink sand while your skin warms from the rays of the sun, then these are the resorts for you:
- Melt all your worries away on any part of this 20-acre timeless Bahamian jewel that is famously known for leaving a place in your heart – forever. The Pink Sands Resort is historic, classic, elegant and a true beacon of Bahamian luxury. Private, winding and palm-shaded paths meander their way through lush rambling gardens full of flowering hibiscus, frangipani and fruit trees, leading to 29 luxurious cottages, villas and homes. Each cottage was characterized by a British Colonial, old Bahamas aesthetic with a beachy feel, having modern amenities and first-class service.
- The staff of The Dunmore invite their cherished guests to the ever-welcoming island retreat. Breezy patios, vintage rattan, pink conch shells and 1960s glamour is what makes up this resort paradise. Built by an award-winning architectural firm and designed by a Nassau-based interior designer to emulate the island’s timeless 18th and 19th century style. This 10-acre tropical hideaway is steps from the soft pink sands of Pink Sands Beach. Wake up in one of the prestigious guest cottages and overlook the blue oasis of the ocean while soaking in the warm Bahamian charm.
- Intimate and secluded, this charming family-run hotel has an eclectic mix of accommodations. Choose from five tent cottages, three beach shacks and seven rooms to accommodate your vacation wants and needs. The tent cottages are framed by swaying coconut palm trees with a stunning view of the ocean. The Tree Trunk tent cottage has two palm trees that protrude through the roof to give that continuous outside beach setting. The Beach Shacks feature a sun deck and outdoor claw foot tub and king size Bahamian vintage style bed. Wake up and feel as if you’re away on your own private island.
No matter where you stay, you will experience the essence of the Bahamian charm in Dunmore Town. Air Unlimited hopes you stay awhile and if there is one piece of advice, it’s to extend this vacation. Your tropical paradise awaits, plan ahead and book now!
The holiday season is upon us and now is a great time to start planning your escape from frigid temperatures by booking a tropical getaway with family and friends. Eleuthera, a quaint island in the Bahamas is full of traditional and native holiday events that you don’t want to miss. This charming island encourages guests to celebrate the season by meshing existing family traditions with the island’s unique – and colorful – Bahamian celebrations.
Governor’s Harbour and Central Eleuthera are two of the premier Bahamian destinations offering exciting ways to celebrate the holidays in paradise this year. Get in the holiday spirit with these exciting celebrations that await on the islands’ pink sandy beaches:
- Thanksgiving Crafters and Cultural
- Date: November 30
- Location: Bayfront Park in Governor’s Harbour
- Details: This annual event will showcase an array of authentic Bahamian hand crafts and trinkets. Get an inside look at the Junkanoo festival with dancers, live music and fire dancing!
- Annual Tree Lighting and Music in the Garden
- Date: December 7
- Location: Palmetto Point in Central Eleuthera
- Details: Watch the ceremonious lighting of the Christmas Tree while enjoying dancing, live music, games for the whole family and tasty native food during this event sponsored by the Cancer Society of Eleuthera.
- Eleuthera Junkanoo Festival
- Date: January 9-11
- Location: Governor’s Harbour
- Details: Come listen to the sounds of island music and enjoy the display of colorful costumes and parades to celebrate the New Year while enjoying seasonal treats, carolers, food and entertainment, amongst the decorated marketplace.
These events, and more, invite you to experience the holidays in a new and spectacular way. Book a trip to Eleuthera with Air Unlimited and your relaxing vacation begins the moment you arrive at our private hangar. We offer the luxury of free parking, quick check-in, free luggage up to 40 pounds and spacious seating with window views, so there’s no need to stress during your travel to paradise.
Your tropical escape awaits! Harbour Island, often called the birthplace of the Bahamas, is one of the new destinations you can explore when flying with Air Unlimited. The natives welcome guests in an effort to boost island tourism and help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian. If you’re looking for a holiday vacation – or vacation away from your vacation – now is the time to book your tropical escape to Harbour Island.
There is a quiet charm to this 3-mile-long and half-mile-wide island. Harbour Island is known as “Briland” to locals for retaining their New England style architecture and laid-back atmosphere. The famed soft coral pink sandy beaches and traditional annual Pineapple Fest are among the highlights of this quaint and colorful island. The island continuously delights its visitors with a tropical flair and postcard-perfect scenes. Voted “The Best Island in the Caribbean” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, Harbour Island is one you do not want to miss out on. Check out some of these fun and exciting things to do on your next visit:
Excursions and Things to Do
A plethora of land and water activities surrounds this petite island. The aquatic playground lets you dip your toes in the warm and gentle waters, as soft pink tone sand and turquoise hues surround you. “Landlubbers”, as locals often call their visitors, can take a stroll down the winding roads to explore the native shops and pastel-colored cottages with white picket fences.
- Captains of this diving center will take you to new depths to explore the coral reefs and another world beneath the seas. Don’t forget to snap a picture on their insta-famous dock that sits right in front of the truly colorful sunsets.
- A real haute-bohemian boutique that is elegant and full of fun. Anyone can shop ‘til they drop in here – there is something for every island shopper’s needs and wants.
- Sail across crystal blue seas while relaxing on Eventide, a classic CSY 44 sloop sailboat. Visit deserted islands, watch majestic dolphins jump across the waters and gather shells and sea glass washed up on the pink sands.
Places to Eat
Enjoy Bahamian food favorites at the tiny and intimate fine dining restaurants all day long while breathing in the fresh beach air. Hope you’re hungry because this island is well-known for these featured restaurants:
- Chef Madelene has been keeping bellies full and leaving smiles for the last 15 years with her divine ricotta hotcakes and honeycomb butter.
- The restaurant defines its cuisine as “Bahamian with a twist” and continues to reign supreme as a top hangout spot in the area. Locals recommend indulging in their lobster quesadilla.
- A romantic restaurant to watch the sunset from the terrace is the perfect place for a night out and fine eating.
Experience this crown jewel of the Caribbean and set forth on a true tropical getaway. Take a flight to Eleuthera and explore Harbour Island with Air Unlimited beginning November 15, 2019 and see what the hype is all about!
Air Unlimited invites travelers to take a flight to Spanish Wells, a quaint and prosperous island in the Bahamas. This destination welcomes guests in an effort to boost island tourism, which will play a major role in helping the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian’s impact.
Largely unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, Spanish Wells is located off the northern tip of Eleuthera Island and is reminiscent of an idyllic Cape Cod fishing village. The houses and cottages are freshly painted with pastel colors and wooden shutters sitting on winding roads. The island is surrounded by swaying coconut-filled palm trees, shallow crystal-clear waters and pink sand. Spanish Wells is sure to become one of your favorite vacation destinations.
Bring out the explorer in you with the expeditions below, which are highly recommended by Air Unlimited for your next trip to Spanish Wells.
Excursions and Things to Do
Whether you want to swim with marine life or eat Johnnycake, Spanish Wells has something for everyone on land and at sea. Stretching from the northeast tip of mainland Eleuthera to Spanish Wells lies a colorful barrier reef called the devil’s backbone. Explore an area that has taken out more vessels than any other reef in the country, as at least seven sunken ships now settle atop the sharp coral. Back on land, quaint villages offer fun-filled explorations for anyone. We recommend:
- Bruce Pinder is a great leader, having played a key role in Abaco relief efforts, as well as guiding vacationers around Eleuthera on a regular basis! For tourists, his excursion group offers half and full day boat charters for island hopping, trips to visit the amazing swimming pigs, and historical Eleuthera tours.
- Lorin and Capt. Cassidy are brothers who offer an experience of the blue depths like no other. From cage dives, wreck dives, snorkeling and group charters, these captains will give you the experience of a lifetime on their 46-foot Chris-Craft boat.
- Paulie, a local native with more than 30 years of experience, will take you to swim with the Bahamian pigs, cliff jump, bridge jump, snorkel and more!
- The impulsive shopper in you will have everything you ever wanted to take back home to remember the beautiful lifestyle of Spanish Wells.
Places to Eat
Three restaurants serving native Bahamian and American dishes are the local hot spots located in Spanish Wells. Hang out, dance, laugh and eat together alongside the beautiful waters while watching the colorful sunsets. We recommend:
- Mediterranean and Bahamian cuisine with a variety of cocktails coming from the fully stocked bar.
- Ever had a traditional Johnnycake? Kathy’s Bakery serves the island’s best for this Bahamian specialty, which is a tasty take on cornmeal pancakes. It also offers an assortment of delicious breads, pies and cakes.
- This perfectly colored blue hotspot sits at the entrance of Spanish Wells Harbor, offering fine waterfront dining both inside and outside.
Spanish Wells is full of hidden gems – come as a guest and leave as a friend of this beautiful town for life. Take a flight to Spanish Wells with Air Unlimited and embark on a new adventure!