Air Unlimited invites travelers to take a flight to Spanish Wells, a quaint and prosperous island in the Bahamas. This destination welcomes guests in an effort to boost island tourism, which will play a major role in helping the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian’s impact.
Largely unaffected by Hurricane Dorian, Spanish Wells is located off the northern tip of Eleuthera Island and is reminiscent of an idyllic Cape Cod fishing village. The houses and cottages are freshly painted with pastel colors and wooden shutters sitting on winding roads. The island is surrounded by swaying coconut-filled palm trees, shallow crystal-clear waters and pink sand. Spanish Wells is sure to become one of your favorite vacation destinations.
Bring out the explorer in you with the expeditions below, which are highly recommended by Air Unlimited for your next trip to Spanish Wells.
Excursions and Things to Do
Whether you want to swim with marine life or eat Johnnycake, Spanish Wells has something for everyone on land and at sea. Stretching from the northeast tip of mainland Eleuthera to Spanish Wells lies a colorful barrier reef called the devil’s backbone. Explore an area that has taken out more vessels than any other reef in the country, as at least seven sunken ships now settle atop the sharp coral. Back on land, quaint villages offer fun-filled explorations for anyone. We recommend:
- Bruce Pinder is a great leader, having played a key role in Abaco relief efforts, as well as guiding vacationers around Eleuthera on a regular basis! For tourists, his excursion group offers half and full day boat charters for island hopping, trips to visit the amazing swimming pigs, and historical Eleuthera tours.
- Lorin and Capt. Cassidy are brothers who offer an experience of the blue depths like no other. From cage dives, wreck dives, snorkeling and group charters, these captains will give you the experience of a lifetime on their 46-foot Chris-Craft boat.
- Paulie, a local native with more than 30 years of experience, will take you to swim with the Bahamian pigs, cliff jump, bridge jump, snorkel and more!
- The impulsive shopper in you will have everything you ever wanted to take back home to remember the beautiful lifestyle of Spanish Wells.
Places to Eat
Three restaurants serving native Bahamian and American dishes are the local hot spots located in Spanish Wells. Hang out, dance, laugh and eat together alongside the beautiful waters while watching the colorful sunsets. We recommend:
- Mediterranean and Bahamian cuisine with a variety of cocktails coming from the fully stocked bar.
- Ever had a traditional Johnnycake? Kathy’s Bakery serves the island’s best for this Bahamian specialty, which is a tasty take on cornmeal pancakes. It also offers an assortment of delicious breads, pies and cakes.
- This perfectly colored blue hotspot sits at the entrance of Spanish Wells Harbor, offering fine waterfront dining both inside and outside.
Spanish Wells is full of hidden gems – come as a guest and leave as a friend of this beautiful town for life. Take a flight to Spanish Wells with Air Unlimited and embark on a new adventure!