Air Unlimited invites travelers to book a flight to Eleuthera, a charming island in the Bahamas that has been named one of the best secret islands on Earth by Travel + Leisure. Air Unlimited’s flights to North Eleuthera are now available to book for trip dates starting this spring. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots in Eleuthera to help plan your next trip to the Bahamas.
Things to Do
Eleuthera is known for its laid-back atmosphere and secluded beaches. Here are a few of our favorite sights to explore while on this island:
- Lighthouse Beach is located at the southernmost point of Eleuthera, perfect for visitors who are planning a longer stay and want to explore the entire island. About a two-hour drive from North Eleuthera, Lighthouse Beach offers miles of pink sand and is considered one of the best beaches in The Bahamas. Travelers can soak up the sun and explore the lighthouse that gave this beach its iconic and beloved name.
- Rainbow Bay Beach is centrally located and is one of the more easily accessible beaches in Eleuthera. A 40-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, this white sandy beach has shallow, calm waters that still allow for travelers to explore the rock formations, snorkel, swim, and catch a tan on the beach. We recommend this beach to families and travelers who are looking for a relaxing vacation.
- The Glass Window Bridge is one of the few places where you can simultaneously see the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Bight of Eleuthera on the other, only separated by a strip of rock that is 30 feet wide. A quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, The Glass Window Bridge is a “must-see” when visiting.
Where to Eat
After exploring, we know you’ll want to find a restaurant where you can hang out and enjoy some local Bahamian cuisine. We recommend:
- Daddy Joe’s Restaurant is located near Queen’s Highway, a quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport. Daddy Joe’s serves an array of Bahamian dishes from Tuesday to Sunday. We recommend the fish tacos, conch fritters and lobster.
- 1648 – An Island Restaurant is one of the island’s hottest restaurant spots off Queen’s Highway in Eleuthera, about an hour drive from the North Eleuthera airport. This restaurant is higher-end, and offers breathtaking views overlooking Cupid’s Cay and Governor’s Harbour and chef-crafted menu items.
- Fish Fry at Anchor Bay allows you to feel like you’re one of the locals in Central Eleuthera. Every Friday night, visitors and locals come together and celebrate with Bahamian dishes, drinks and dancing. We recommend travelers arrive to the fish fry early to make the most of this event.
Eleuthera is a charming island full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Book a flight to Eleuthera with Air Unlimited at www.flyairunlimited.com and begin your next adventure!
Air Unlimited Resumes Its Regular Flights to the Abacos, as Treasure Cay and Marsh Harbour Airports Reopen to Public
Our boutique airline now offers commuter flights to the Abacos for the first time since Hurricane Dorian
Travelers can now visit the picturesque vacation destinations of Treasure Cay and Marsh Harbour with flights to the Abacos offered by the boutique airline, Air Unlimited. Air Unlimited is relaunching its public flights to two of the main Abaco Island destinations impacted by Hurricane Dorian. Resuming regular service to Treasure Cay and Marsh Harbour will help invigorate the Bahamian tourism industry, as the islands continue their recovery, and will provide guests a unique travel experience to a tropical oasis. The Abaco Islands offer miles of sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and family-friendly excursions for the trip of a lifetime.
“The Abacos was our first travel destination when we started Air Unlimited back in 2013, so these islands hold a very special place in our hearts,” said Mark Neubauer, co-founder and pilot at Air Unlimited. “We couldn’t be more pleased to offer travelers the opportunity to return to this beautiful destination, as it continues to rebuild and welcome guests from around the world to experience its tropical scenery, rich history and beloved people.”
Air Unlimited reacted promptly in support of the Bahamas following the devasting impacts of Hurricane Dorian. Supporting Central Florida’s relief efforts for the Abacos, Air Unlimited reserved its fleet exclusively for relief missions aimed at delivering crucial supplies, skilled personnel and affected homeowners in the demolished areas.
Travel restrictions set by the Bahamian government and travel industry have been lifted, and everyday travelers can once again book their next Abacos trip with Air Unlimited for hassle-free, luxurious flight experience. Travelers can choose from destinations in Marsh Harbour, Treasure Cay and North Eleuthera. The Abaco Islands are known for their miles of stunning beaches, including its world-renowned Pink Sand Beach, authentic Bahamian cuisine, and family-friendly experiences, such as swimming with the pigs. This iconic excursion allows visitors to feed and swim with the wild but docile animals in the crystal-clear water.
At Air Unlimited, guests arrive to the airline’s private hangar, receive complimentary valet parking, experience a quick check-in and are permitted to bring up to 40 pounds of luggage for free. Flights will soon be available through popular booking sites such as Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz – thanks to the Air Unlimited’s new booking tool, TakeFlite.
For more information about Air Unlimited or to book flights to the Abacos, visit www.flyairunlimited.com.
Another celebration is underway in the Bahamas! On January 10, Bahamians come together to celebrate the national public holiday known as Majority Rule Day. This holiday marks a major step for equality and freedom in the Bahamas. Just like any holiday in the Bahamas, the natives gather together to eat and dance with one another. When it is time to make the most of any celebration, come to the Bahamas for an amazing time! Take a flight with Air Unlimited to the Bahamas to see what all the fun is about.
Majority Rule Day became an official holiday in the Bahamas in 2014. The history behind the holiday is dated back to the year 1967 when the Bahamas gaining their independence from being a British colony. This holiday is one of the most monumental historical events of the country and celebrates a huge achievement. To read more on the history of Majority Rule Day, click here.
Celebrations include dancing in the streets, feasting on delicious traditional Bahamian food, laughing with the locals and soaking up the sun on the iconic pink beaches. With much to celebrate, the locals welcome visitors with open arms to commemorate one of their favorite holidays. Enjoy a front-row view of the parades that fill the streets on every island in the Bahamas!
Air Unlimited enjoys bringing their passengers to experience the festivities in the Bahamas. Book your flight today to experience some Bahamian fun! Don’t forget to help commemorate Majority Rule Day in the Bahamas.
It is easy to make a fun-filled day of island hopping when traveling to an archipelago destination – a group of small islands in close proximity – such as the Bahamas. Make the most of your dream tropical vacation and see what each part of the island chain has to offer. Snorkel the caves in Spanish Wells, then jump on a ferry to Harbour Island for dinner. No matter your interests, the Bahamian islands have something for you!
Plan ahead for your 2020 spring break trip and book with Air Unlimited. You’ll arrive at North Eleuthera Airport and begin an unforgettable vacation. You can take a taxi to the ferry dock of choice and start your journey in either Harbour Island or Spanish Wells. Between the two islands is a short, relaxing ferry ride that offers the perfect transportation option for a day of fun island-hopping adventures. Below are some recommendations on excursions and places to dine on both islands!
Harbour Island is known as one of the crown jewels of the Bahamas for its scenic pink sands and diverse culinary scene. Take a stroll down the winding roads to explore the native shops and pastel-colored cottages with white picket fences or dive under the crystal blue waters.
- Sail across crystal blue seas while relaxing on Eventide, a classic CSY 44 sloop sailboat. Visit deserted islands, watch majestic dolphins jump across the waters and gather shells and sea glass washed up on the pink sands.
- A real Haute-bohemian boutique that is elegant and full of fun. Anyone can shop ‘til they drop in here – there is something that will almost certainly pique the interest of every island shopper.
- A romantic restaurant to watch the sunset from the terrace is the perfect place for a night out and fine eating.
Spanish Wells has a colorful barrier reef called the Devil’s Backbone. Explore an area that has taken out more vessels than any other reef in the country, as at least seven sunken ships now rest atop the sharp coral. Back on land, quaint villages offer fun-filled explorations for anyone.
- Capt. Lorin and Capt. Cassidy are brothers who offer an experience of the blue depths like no other. From cage dives, wreck dives, snorkeling and group charters, these captains will give you the experience of a lifetime on their 46-foot Chris-Craft boat.
- The impulsive shopper in you will have everything you ever wanted to take back home to remember the beautiful lifestyle of Spanish Wells.
- This perfectly colored blue hotspot sits at the entrance of Spanish Wells Harbor, offering fine waterfront dining both inside and outside.
Eleuthera destinations are the perfect tropical getaway for spring and summer fun-in-the-sun. Believe it or not, many people are booking ahead for these peak travel seasons now. Air Unlimited wants our travel junkies to endure a day of island-hopping! Please call us or check out our FAQ page if you have any questions or need more recommendations.