It is easy to make a fun-filled day of island hopping when traveling to an archipelago destination – a group of small islands in close proximity – such as the Bahamas. Make the most of your dream tropical vacation and see what each part of the island chain has to offer. Snorkel the caves in Spanish Wells, then jump on a ferry to Harbour Island for dinner. No matter your interests, the Bahamian islands have something for you!
Plan ahead for your 2020 spring break trip and book with Air Unlimited. You’ll arrive at North Eleuthera Airport and begin an unforgettable vacation. You can take a taxi to the ferry dock of choice and start your journey in either Harbour Island or Spanish Wells. Between the two islands is a short, relaxing ferry ride that offers the perfect transportation option for a day of fun island-hopping adventures. Below are some recommendations on excursions and places to dine on both islands!
Harbour Island is known as one of the crown jewels of the Bahamas for its scenic pink sands and diverse culinary scene. Take a stroll down the winding roads to explore the native shops and pastel-colored cottages with white picket fences or dive under the crystal blue waters.
- Sail across crystal blue seas while relaxing on Eventide, a classic CSY 44 sloop sailboat. Visit deserted islands, watch majestic dolphins jump across the waters and gather shells and sea glass washed up on the pink sands.
- A real Haute-bohemian boutique that is elegant and full of fun. Anyone can shop ‘til they drop in here – there is something that will almost certainly pique the interest of every island shopper.
- A romantic restaurant to watch the sunset from the terrace is the perfect place for a night out and fine eating.
Spanish Wells has a colorful barrier reef called the Devil’s Backbone. Explore an area that has taken out more vessels than any other reef in the country, as at least seven sunken ships now rest atop the sharp coral. Back on land, quaint villages offer fun-filled explorations for anyone.
- Capt. Lorin and Capt. Cassidy are brothers who offer an experience of the blue depths like no other. From cage dives, wreck dives, snorkeling and group charters, these captains will give you the experience of a lifetime on their 46-foot Chris-Craft boat.
- The impulsive shopper in you will have everything you ever wanted to take back home to remember the beautiful lifestyle of Spanish Wells.
- This perfectly colored blue hotspot sits at the entrance of Spanish Wells Harbor, offering fine waterfront dining both inside and outside.
Eleuthera destinations are the perfect tropical getaway for spring and summer fun-in-the-sun. Believe it or not, many people are booking ahead for these peak travel seasons now. Air Unlimited wants our travel junkies to endure a day of island-hopping! Please call us or check out our FAQ page if you have any questions or need more recommendations.