Air Unlimited invites travelers to book a flight to Eleuthera, a charming island in the Bahamas that has been named one of the best secret islands on Earth by Travel + Leisure. Air Unlimited’s flights to North Eleuthera are now available to book for trip dates starting this spring. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots in Eleuthera to help plan your next trip to the Bahamas.
Things to Do
Eleuthera is known for its laid-back atmosphere and secluded beaches. Here are a few of our favorite sights to explore while on this island:
- Lighthouse Beach is located at the southernmost point of Eleuthera, perfect for visitors who are planning a longer stay and want to explore the entire island. About a two-hour drive from North Eleuthera, Lighthouse Beach offers miles of pink sand and is considered one of the best beaches in The Bahamas. Travelers can soak up the sun and explore the lighthouse that gave this beach its iconic and beloved name.
- Rainbow Bay Beach is centrally located and is one of the more easily accessible beaches in Eleuthera. A 40-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, this white sandy beach has shallow, calm waters that still allow for travelers to explore the rock formations, snorkel, swim, and catch a tan on the beach. We recommend this beach to families and travelers who are looking for a relaxing vacation.
- The Glass Window Bridge is one of the few places where you can simultaneously see the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Bight of Eleuthera on the other, only separated by a strip of rock that is 30 feet wide. A quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, The Glass Window Bridge is a “must-see” when visiting.
Where to Eat
After exploring, we know you’ll want to find a restaurant where you can hang out and enjoy some local Bahamian cuisine. We recommend:
- Daddy Joe’s Restaurant is located near Queen’s Highway, a quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport. Daddy Joe’s serves an array of Bahamian dishes from Tuesday to Sunday. We recommend the fish tacos, conch fritters and lobster.
- 1648 – An Island Restaurant is one of the island’s hottest restaurant spots off Queen’s Highway in Eleuthera, about an hour drive from the North Eleuthera airport. This restaurant is higher-end, and offers breathtaking views overlooking Cupid’s Cay and Governor’s Harbour and chef-crafted menu items.
- Fish Fry at Anchor Bay allows you to feel like you’re one of the locals in Central Eleuthera. Every Friday night, visitors and locals come together and celebrate with Bahamian dishes, drinks and dancing. We recommend travelers arrive to the fish fry early to make the most of this event.
Eleuthera is a charming island full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Book a flight to Eleuthera with Air Unlimited at www.flyairunlimited.com and begin your next adventure!