Indulge in a complete island vacation filled with miles of sandy beaches, quaint colonial towns, and exquisite resorts. The Abaco Islands are an ideal location for the perfect adult-friendly vacation. Our Air Unlimited crew has firsthand experience exploring the islands and has great recommendations for individuals, friends or couples traveling to the Abacos without kids in tow. For the adrenaline seeker, wine and dine couple, or adult looking to relax – do not miss out on the perfect Abacos getaway.
Best Abacos “Watering Holes”
No shoes? No shirt? No problem – bar hopping and dining in the Abacos is the perfect way to enjoy drinks and tasty delights beachside. The restaurants in the Bahamas thrive on laughing faces, sandy feet, live music and sunshine. Don’t miss out on the lively experience of a Pina Colada overlooking the clear blue waters.
Our recommended bar destinations include:
- Nipper’s Beach Bar & Grill in Great Guana Cay
- The famous Pig Roast Party is every Sunday afternoon with live music, dancing and sandy white beaches, and frozen cocktails are available every day for a refreshing signature Abaco drink.
- Grabbers Bed, Bar and Grille in Great Guana Cay
- Known for its famous Grabber cocktails and featuring the most interesting and tasty food on the Cay, this hotspot prepares everything fresh daily for its guests.
- Tipsy Seagull Pool Bar in Treasure Cay
- A traditional favorite for tourists with an open atmosphere, cool tropical drinks, and dancing to live music ‘til the wee hours.
The beautiful views of the Abacos are something no one wants to miss, and thankfully there are scenic adventures offered by sky, land and water. When it comes to traveling to new places, experiencing your destination from every angle can give you a new perspective and memories that last a lifetime.
For the adventurous side in you, here are some of the best excursions in the Abacos:
- Shark Diving with docile Abacos native sharks
- Mingle with the reef sharks in crystal clear blue water and explore their underwater stomping grounds.
- Day Trips in the outer islands
- With surrounding islands and cays – there is much to explore and experience. Rent a boat or ferry to ride the waves and take a dip in between islands.
- Golf Cart Blast Tours on Treasure Cay
- Experience the natural beauty and scenic views of the cay, while winding and carving your way through the island. With golf courses nearby, a quick game of golf is encouraged.
Spending vacation time with a significant other in a romantic beach destination has romance written all over it. Be fully surrounded by white sandy beaches, crystal waters, aromas of the island and sounds of gentle waves crashing on the shore. There is a romance novel written in the sand with these relaxing moments.
For romantic ideas be sure to check out these top recommendations:
- Over the water oasis at Kamalame Cay
- Facials, body treatments and massages give the ultimate revitalization and relaxation to any couple staying at the Cay.
- Castaway Picnic
- Have the day to yourselves under a palm tree on your own private island with a gourmet hamper filled with a delicious lunch and wine.
- Wild Pigs at No Name Cay
- Relax on the beach with a cute group of friendly pigs swimming in the crystal-clear waters that are fun to feed and picture-ready, so bring your camera!
If you’re looking for additional recommendations on local activities to try, visit our destinations page for more insight into each island and where to explore. To get there, Air Unlimited offers affordable, luxury flights for adults traveling to experience an Abacos Getaway. Visit us online or give us a call at (407) 585-4300.
This past year, 126 million people visited Florida, breaking the highest number of visitors the state has ever recorded. Many of these tourists are attracted to Central Florida for its renown theme parks and often overlook the chance to experience more than a few roller coasters during their stay. By extending their trip by just a few days, travelers can elevate their Florida vacation to include an Abacos getaway with Air Unlimited, adding on an incredible destination that’s only a short flight away.
It’s an easy way to have a vacation within your vacation – after spending a few days exploring the area’s theme parks and entertainment, you can take advantage of Florida’s close proximity to the Caribbean with a quick flight to the Abacos. With Air Unlimited, you’ll waste no time in getting there, so you can squeeze in an extra destination, without any extra travel stress.
If you’re staying around the Orlando theme parks, you’ll be happy to know that Air Unlimited is conveniently situated just outside the city, in Sanford. Once you arrive to our private hangar, you’ll be on the plane and on your way to the islands within 30-minutes. We offer free valet parking and luggage up to 40 pounds, as well as by-passed security lines, so travel is hassle-free.
Riding with Air Unlimited, you’ll already feel you’re on ‘vacation time’, as every seat boasts window views overlooking the beautiful ocean below, and the flight is just over an hour to paradise. We fly directly to Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay in the Abacos, which are two beautiful island destinations in the Bahamas Out Islands. Upon arrival, you’ll be swept away by some of the world’s most idolized beaches and resorts, while tucked away from the Caribbean’s more crowded tourist hotspots.
The next time you’re looking to visit Central Florida, consider adding one more stop to your trip itinerary – the Abacos. This destination is the perfect cherry on top to any vacation and offers the chance to experience all-new activities like diving with sea life and island hopping. Each island is rich in history, arts, culture and excursions, so the hardest part of your trip will be deciding what to do!
To book a vacation within your vacation, reserve an Abacos getaway with Air Unlimited by visiting, www.flyairunlimited.com.