Book a luxury flight with Air Unlimited and spend your next Sunday Funday in Harbour Island! Our boutique airline will fly you directly to North Eleuthera, which is just a quick taxi and boat ride away from Harbour Island, a beautiful destination just off the coastline. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots to help plan your next Sunday Funday in Harbour Island.
Start your Sunday Funday off with a delicious breakfast or brunch of local Bahamian fare. Order the chocolate chip pancakes at Bahamas Coffee Roasters and enjoy the laid back vibe of the restaurant. Dine at Sip Sip for lunch – we highly recommend the lobster quesadilla, a popular menu item the restaurant is known for. Top the day off with dinner at Queen Conch for a fresh conch salad made tableside.
For a relaxing Sunday Funday, spend the day on the soft, coral-colored sands of the iconic Harbour Island Pink Sands Beach. The sand gets its pink hue from crushed up coral that washes up from the ocean. The best time to catch the true color of the sand is at dusk while the sun is setting on the beach.
For adventurous travelers, we recommend scuba diving with Valentine’s Dive Center. Observe the wildlife up close in their natural habitats and take in the natural beauty of Harbour Island. Enjoy a day out sailing, snorkeling, and relaxing with Eleuthera Sailing Adventures. The captain, Bob Knaus, has chartered his sailboat for over a decade, so you can be worry-free during your adventurous Sunday Funday.
For those wanting to experience the quiet charm of Harbour Island, make a trip to Dunmore Town – the original capital of the Bahamas. Visitors can expect to see some of the original Georgian architecture sprinkled throughout the pastel-colored buildings, complete with white picket fences draped with fuchsia-colored bougainvillea. Pick up a souvenir from one of the local shops while strolling through the picturesque streets.
Stay at The Dunmore Hotel that overlooks the famous Pink Sand Beach. Unwind in the tropical, beach-side cottages and watch the sun sink into the blush sand, or enjoy a romantic dinner at their 60s-era restaurant that serves fresh seafood and dishes featuring local ingredients.
Pink Sands Resort is also one of the Air Unlimited team’s favorite places to stay. This resort is in a central location for those looking to explore Harbour Island.
Book with Air Unlimited today and you’ll soon be on your way to spending Sunday Funday in Harbour Island!
Every four years, we are given the gift of an extra day – so our team at Air Unlimited is offering a leap year travel guide for those looking to make the most of the additional 24 hours in February.
The history behind the leap year stems from the idea that Earth’s orbit is not exactly 365 days – it’s estimated to be 365.25 days, which may seem small, but adds up over time. After 300 years, January 1 would land in fall, and after 600 years, it would land in summer. To prevent the calendar year from being thrown off, an extra day is added to the month of February every four years.
Air Unlimited recommends spending this extra day in the stunning Abaco Islands. Our boutique airline flies directly to Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay, two beautiful destinations in the Abacos. Our crew can get you to paradise in a little over an hour, so you have more time to spend in these amazing islands!
Marsh Harbour is perfect for travelers looking to relax on the beach and experience the Bahamian restaurants, hotels and bars. Pete’s Pub & Gallery in Little Harbour is a classic beach restaurant and pub where you can sample Bahamian fare, while overlooking the ocean waves crashing onto the sand.
For adventurous travelers, Treasure Cay is a popular spot for scuba diving, snorkeling, water sports, and even a round of golf. Our destinations page lists additional businesses that are open and welcoming visitors in the Abacos.
Time is one of our most valued resources, so this leap year travel in style with Air Unlimited and make priceless memories in the Abaco Islands!
Your search for a spring vacation destination is over – visit Spanish Wells with Air Unlimited! This Bahamian district is just a short boat ride away from North Eleuthera, one of Air Unlimited’s direct flight destinations. Our team is offering an inside look into the history of this community and giving expert insight as to why Spanish Wells is the perfect location for your upcoming spring holiday.
The people of Spanish Wells are welcoming travelers with open arms in an effort to boost tourism to the area, and continue to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian. Known to be a small, world-class fishing town, Spanish Wells is a destination for those who desire to be free of the hustle and bustle of a tourist town.
Spanish Wells has a rich history, making this charming community desirable for travelers interested in experiencing the spirit of this captivating city. The village natives are descendants of original Eleutheran Adventurers and Loyalists, who were known for their seamanship. The original inhabitants of Spanish Wells were either British settlers from the 1600s, or Loyalists from the 1700s, bringing over the English language spoken with a British accent. These settlers also brought the quaint New England style architecture that is still around today.
Now, Spanish Wells is a destination for world-class bone fishing and snorkeling. A widely known spot in the Spanish Wells is the Devil’s Backbone barrier reef. Home to many shipwrecks, including The William dating back to 1648, and the USS Boston in 1846, this snorkeling adventure is a history lesson of its own. This reef is now known as “snorkeler’s paradise,” and is home to stingrays, moray eels, and a variety of coral formations.
Air Unlimited’s flights to North Eleuthera are now available to book for your trips starting mid-March. Visit Spanish Wells for your upcoming spring holiday with Air Unlimited – only a luxury flight and a quick boat ride separates you from experiencing the deep history of this charming city!
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching – think outside of the (chocolate) box this year and gift your loved one a romantic getaway to the Abaco Islands with Air Unlimited!
Many restaurants, resorts and attractions affected from Hurricane Dorian are reopen and warmly welcome you and your date to enjoy quality time at their romantic destinations. To help plan your vacation, our destinations page lists businesses that are currently open. For a nontraditional Valentine’s Day, couples can also consider volunteering in relief efforts, opening their hearts to the island communities in need.
What says romantic Valentine’s Day getaway more than spending the day on one of the best beaches in the Abaco Islands? We recommend booking your stay at The Abaco Inn, where you can end each day watching the sunset and enjoying the view of the Sea of Abaco from the comfort of your own villa. Recently, our team visited The Abaco Inn. The Inn looks and feels like the same beloved resort that has been serving guests for many years – the friendly staff, excellent service and fresh food was outstanding.
For couples who want to show their love for the Abacos by joining community relief efforts, they can volunteer to help others through verified organizations and volunteer groups like All Hands and Hearts. Through this organization, teams are working around the clock to rebuild schools in Marsh Harbour, as well as other community-based facilities like clinics and the local library.
By flying with Air Unlimited, couples can board a luxury flight to the Abacos on one of our nine-seater planes. Couples will experience a top-notch, romantic getaway from the moment they arrive at our private hangar, where you’ll be greeted with complimentary valet parking, and enjoy a quick check-in & boarding process.
Air Unlimited’s boutique airline is ready to help create a last-minute romantic getaway for you and your partner this Valentine’s Day – book your trip now at www.flyairunlimited.com.
A recent article from the Orlando Sentinel shares the news that Air Unlimited has officially resumed its scheduled island services, as Hurricane Dorian recovery efforts continue. The article highlights that from its inception, Air Unlimited’s first travel destination was the Abacos, making this Bahamian destination a place that is extra special to the crew.
Taking a trip to the Bahamas right now is guaranteed to provide memories that will last a lifetime, while also supporting island recovery, regardless of where you visit. By planning a trip to areas in need, travelers can volunteer in between beach time, to make an impact and bring home a sense of philanthropic accomplishment. Visiting areas untouched by the hurricane, travelers can experience the traditional Bahamas vacation, while their tourism dollars will continue to fuel the reconstruction of communities and assist Hurricane Dorian recovery efforts.
With this in mind, there are more reasons to travel to the Bahamas than ever before, and there is something for everyone to enjoy upon arrival.
Mark Neubauer, co-founder of Air Unlimited, recalled a recent trip to the Abacos in his interview with the Orlando Sentinel, describing that he is impressed by how much the island has recovered since the hurricane. Mark saw the islands immediately after the hurricane hit, so he has seen firsthand the progress being made. Mark notes that a semblance of normalcy is returning to the hard-hit areas of the Abacos, as power is being restored and running water is returning. Many fan-favorite island destinations are re-open for business.
According to the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, 84 percent of the Bahamas’ hotels and restaurants are back in operation. Additionally, the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation exceeded a record-breaking seven million visitors in 2019.
For the new travel year ahead, Air Unlimited encourages travelers to explore the Abacos and offers recommendations on places to visit, such as:
- Pete’s Pub & Gallery, located in Little Harbour, is open Fridays 4-9 p.m., with dinner served from 6-9 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays noon until 6 p.m. Pete’s is known for its oceanic and nature inspired large sculptures and is the only working sculpture foundry in the Bahamas.
- Abaco Inn has reopened to guests. The bar is now serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Stay at a waterfront villa, lounge on the secluded beach, or take a dip in the turquoise sea. See their Facebook for further updates.
- The Green Turtle Club Marina is now open, with rooms and some villas available to be booked starting on March 1. Located in Green Turtle Cay, this marina is surrounded by some of the most spectacular beaches in the Abacos. Check their website or Facebook for more information.
- The Abaco Club on Winding Bay is now open and welcoming guests and members to experience the club. Golf, fish, partake in tropical beach activities (and more) at this family-friendly international sporting club.
- Firefly Sunset Resort is open Monday through Saturday. Located on the Sea of Abaco, this resort is one of the favorites in Hope Town. Overnight accommodations should be available beginning March 2020.
- Cruise Abaco is accepting reservations beginning April 1. Check their website to learn more about the available fleet and book your preferred charter.
Everything that makes the Abaco Islands beautiful is still there – the beaches, the sunsets, the weather, and the people. Book a flight with Air Unlimited today and help support the Abacos, as Dorian recovery continues!
Air Unlimited invites travelers to book a flight to Eleuthera, a charming island in the Bahamas that has been named one of the best secret islands on Earth by Travel + Leisure. Air Unlimited’s flights to North Eleuthera are now available to book for trip dates starting this spring. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots in Eleuthera to help plan your next trip to the Bahamas.
Things to Do
Eleuthera is known for its laid-back atmosphere and secluded beaches. Here are a few of our favorite sights to explore while on this island:
- Lighthouse Beach is located at the southernmost point of Eleuthera, perfect for visitors who are planning a longer stay and want to explore the entire island. About a two-hour drive from North Eleuthera, Lighthouse Beach offers miles of pink sand and is considered one of the best beaches in The Bahamas. Travelers can soak up the sun and explore the lighthouse that gave this beach its iconic and beloved name.
- Rainbow Bay Beach is centrally located and is one of the more easily accessible beaches in Eleuthera. A 40-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, this white sandy beach has shallow, calm waters that still allow for travelers to explore the rock formations, snorkel, swim, and catch a tan on the beach. We recommend this beach to families and travelers who are looking for a relaxing vacation.
- The Glass Window Bridge is one of the few places where you can simultaneously see the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Bight of Eleuthera on the other, only separated by a strip of rock that is 30 feet wide. A quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, The Glass Window Bridge is a “must-see” when visiting.
Where to Eat
After exploring, we know you’ll want to find a restaurant where you can hang out and enjoy some local Bahamian cuisine. We recommend:
- Daddy Joe’s Restaurant is located near Queen’s Highway, a quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport. Daddy Joe’s serves an array of Bahamian dishes from Tuesday to Sunday. We recommend the fish tacos, conch fritters and lobster.
- 1648 – An Island Restaurant is one of the island’s hottest restaurant spots off Queen’s Highway in Eleuthera, about an hour drive from the North Eleuthera airport. This restaurant is higher-end, and offers breathtaking views overlooking Cupid’s Cay and Governor’s Harbour and chef-crafted menu items.
- Fish Fry at Anchor Bay allows you to feel like you’re one of the locals in Central Eleuthera. Every Friday night, visitors and locals come together and celebrate with Bahamian dishes, drinks and dancing. We recommend travelers arrive to the fish fry early to make the most of this event.
Eleuthera is a charming island full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Book a flight to Eleuthera with Air Unlimited at www.flyairunlimited.com and begin your next adventure!
It is easy to make a fun-filled day of island hopping when traveling to an archipelago destination – a group of small islands in close proximity – such as the Bahamas. Make the most of your dream tropical vacation and see what each part of the island chain has to offer. Snorkel the caves in Spanish Wells, then jump on a ferry to Harbour Island for dinner. No matter your interests, the Bahamian islands have something for you!
Plan ahead for your 2020 spring break trip and book with Air Unlimited. You’ll arrive at North Eleuthera Airport and begin an unforgettable vacation. You can take a taxi to the ferry dock of choice and start your journey in either Harbour Island or Spanish Wells. Between the two islands is a short, relaxing ferry ride that offers the perfect transportation option for a day of fun island-hopping adventures. Below are some recommendations on excursions and places to dine on both islands!
Harbour Island is known as one of the crown jewels of the Bahamas for its scenic pink sands and diverse culinary scene. Take a stroll down the winding roads to explore the native shops and pastel-colored cottages with white picket fences or dive under the crystal blue waters.
- Sail across crystal blue seas while relaxing on Eventide, a classic CSY 44 sloop sailboat. Visit deserted islands, watch majestic dolphins jump across the waters and gather shells and sea glass washed up on the pink sands.
- A real Haute-bohemian boutique that is elegant and full of fun. Anyone can shop ‘til they drop in here – there is something that will almost certainly pique the interest of every island shopper.
- A romantic restaurant to watch the sunset from the terrace is the perfect place for a night out and fine eating.
Spanish Wells has a colorful barrier reef called the Devil’s Backbone. Explore an area that has taken out more vessels than any other reef in the country, as at least seven sunken ships now rest atop the sharp coral. Back on land, quaint villages offer fun-filled explorations for anyone.
- Capt. Lorin and Capt. Cassidy are brothers who offer an experience of the blue depths like no other. From cage dives, wreck dives, snorkeling and group charters, these captains will give you the experience of a lifetime on their 46-foot Chris-Craft boat.
- The impulsive shopper in you will have everything you ever wanted to take back home to remember the beautiful lifestyle of Spanish Wells.
- This perfectly colored blue hotspot sits at the entrance of Spanish Wells Harbor, offering fine waterfront dining both inside and outside.
Eleuthera destinations are the perfect tropical getaway for spring and summer fun-in-the-sun. Believe it or not, many people are booking ahead for these peak travel seasons now. Air Unlimited wants our travel junkies to endure a day of island-hopping! Please call us or check out our FAQ page if you have any questions or need more recommendations.
Looking forward to your holiday vacation, but dreading the packing? Air Unlimited has you covered with some quick advice to help make packing a bit easier this holiday season. This time of year can be stressful enough – strategically packing can bring a little more cheer to the beginning of your trip! Not to mention, you can avoid a few of the dreaded travel hiccups like long security lines and additional baggage fees, when flying with Air Unlimited. Nevertheless, remember to use these tips and tricks when packing for your upcoming holiday trip to the Bahamas or your destination of choice this season.
- The bigger the suitcase, the more likely you are to try and fill it. Air Unlimited allows you to bring up to 40 pounds of free luggage, but not all airlines are this generous. The only other luggage safety requirements are soft-sided or duffle bag style luggage that is 52 inches in overall dimension (length+width+height). The requirements vary greatly by airline, so make sure you check your flight information to avoid overweight or extra baggage fees.
- We also recommend doing some research on your destination location. The Bahamas has warm tropical weather – even during the holiday season – so a sweater probably won’t be needed. Shoes are typically the heaviest item in a bag, so pack light-weight flip flops for the beach.
- Finally, always be sure to check the FAA regulations on what is acceptable on a plane.
- The roll-up squeeze is a tactic that can help make more space and avoid wrinkles when packing your clothes. Simply fold each item of clothing in half, then carefully roll your item and place it in your bag.
- Put your shoes on the edge of your bag with the sole of the shoe facing the bag to avoid your dirty shoes touching your clean clothing. Using a shower cap around the soles of your shoes works well too if your shoes are extra dirty.
- Buy shrink wrap bags that are vacuum-sealed to get the maximum amount of space. This could cause potential wrinkles but gives enough space for the packers who feel they need more items.
Keep it Simple:
- Packing the least number of items is all-around beneficial, less to carry and less laundry to do! Try to use the rule of thumb of packing one outfit per day and then two pairs of shoes in total while still trying to leave some extra space. You want to save some room for souvenirs to bring back memorable moments from your tropical vacation.
Using these tips, we hope you are ready to start packing for a memorable holiday trip to the Bahamas with Air Unlimited. Our crew is always happy to provide additional tips and tricks to make your next vacation the best yet, so give us a call any time! You can reach us at (407) 585-4300 or check online on our FAQ page. We can’t wait to see you on your next trip!