Air Unlimited invites travelers to book a flight to Eleuthera, a charming island in the Bahamas that has been named one of the best secret islands on Earth by Travel + Leisure. Air Unlimited’s flights to North Eleuthera are now available to book for trip dates starting this spring. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots in Eleuthera to help plan your next trip to the Bahamas.
Things to Do
Eleuthera is known for its laid-back atmosphere and secluded beaches. Here are a few of our favorite sights to explore while on this island:
- Lighthouse Beach is located at the southernmost point of Eleuthera, perfect for visitors who are planning a longer stay and want to explore the entire island. About a two-hour drive from North Eleuthera, Lighthouse Beach offers miles of pink sand and is considered one of the best beaches in The Bahamas. Travelers can soak up the sun and explore the lighthouse that gave this beach its iconic and beloved name.
- Rainbow Bay Beach is centrally located and is one of the more easily accessible beaches in Eleuthera. A 40-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, this white sandy beach has shallow, calm waters that still allow for travelers to explore the rock formations, snorkel, swim, and catch a tan on the beach. We recommend this beach to families and travelers who are looking for a relaxing vacation.
- The Glass Window Bridge is one of the few places where you can simultaneously see the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the Bight of Eleuthera on the other, only separated by a strip of rock that is 30 feet wide. A quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport, The Glass Window Bridge is a “must-see” when visiting.
Where to Eat
After exploring, we know you’ll want to find a restaurant where you can hang out and enjoy some local Bahamian cuisine. We recommend:
- Daddy Joe’s Restaurant is located near Queen’s Highway, a quick 15-minute drive from the North Eleuthera airport. Daddy Joe’s serves an array of Bahamian dishes from Tuesday to Sunday. We recommend the fish tacos, conch fritters and lobster.
- 1648 – An Island Restaurant is one of the island’s hottest restaurant spots off Queen’s Highway in Eleuthera, about an hour drive from the North Eleuthera airport. This restaurant is higher-end, and offers breathtaking views overlooking Cupid’s Cay and Governor’s Harbour and chef-crafted menu items.
- Fish Fry at Anchor Bay allows you to feel like you’re one of the locals in Central Eleuthera. Every Friday night, visitors and locals come together and celebrate with Bahamian dishes, drinks and dancing. We recommend travelers arrive to the fish fry early to make the most of this event.
Eleuthera is a charming island full of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Book a flight to Eleuthera with Air Unlimited at www.flyairunlimited.com and begin your next adventure!
Christmas time or carnival time – it’s hard to tell the difference in the Bahamas! December marks the start of the carnival mood amongst the islands with secular colors and tinges. Traditional Christmas trees, gift-giving, and tons of Bahamian food make the holiday month one to celebrate and remember. Whether you’re looking for a festive or unforgettable way to celebrate the holiday, Eleuthera is a unique location to wake up in on Christmas morning. Book your holiday flight with Air Unlimited to enjoy the Bahamian Christmas traditions in Eleuthera!
The island of Eleuthera – one of the direct flight locations for Air Unlimited – has the perfect weather during the month of December. The island is filled with cool breezes, covered in soft powder-like pink sands and surrounded by an array of clear blue seas. If you need a holiday vacation to relax and melt your worries away, this island will leave you feeling rejuvenated and de-stressed.
Resorts on the island have certain festivities to keep the holiday’s spirit thriving. Participate in family-fun activities during the day and night, such as holiday cookie decorating or a sangria contest at The Cove. Walk around the island during the evening and you can hear local Christmas carolers singing along to “Salute the happy morn” and “Christians awake,” as well as many more.
Bahamian food is the center of attention during the holiday season. The traditional Bahamian Christmas delicacies are ginger beer, black cake, imported apples and grapes, garlic pork, pepper pot, and sweet ham. These delicious dishes and drinks are commonly feasted upon during the season with local restaurants taking on their own twists to each dish.
To complete your Christmas stay in Eleuthera, join in on one of the biggest parades that take place all over the islands that make up the Bahamas – the Junkanoo Festival. Witness the festival and colorful participants dance to the rhythmic accompaniment of cowbells, drums, whistles, and songs. Become captivated in this powerful and energetic celebration and dress up in colorful costumes to dance, twirl and stomp the ground with locals. Feel free to sway along and enjoy the parade with hundreds of others who look forward to the parade year-round.
Christmas in Eleuthera has the best of both worlds for anyone looking to take a holiday vacation. From relaxing on the beach to dancing in the street – book your Christmas flight with Air Unlimited today!
Time slows down when you take your first step on the pristine Pink Sands Beach on the coast of Dunmore Town. A seafront village that began as a summer residence for the first governor of the Bahamas, Dunmore Town provides picturesque views away from the more touristy spots on the island.
It is easy to get lost in the tropical hideaways of Dunmore Town. This secluded village is the perfect destination for a vacation full of relaxation and fine dining. Air Unlimited will fly you right into North Eleuthera and the only thing separating you from this heavenly town is a ten-minute drive to the ferry dock and a scenic ferry ride over to Harbour Island!
Air Unlimited recommends these historic and relaxing resorts to experience the luxury, elegance and charm of this quaint town in Harbour Island. If you’re ready to dip your toes in crystal blue waters and lay out on powdery pink sand while your skin warms from the rays of the sun, then these are the resorts for you:
- Melt all your worries away on any part of this 20-acre timeless Bahamian jewel that is famously known for leaving a place in your heart – forever. The Pink Sands Resort is historic, classic, elegant and a true beacon of Bahamian luxury. Private, winding and palm-shaded paths meander their way through lush rambling gardens full of flowering hibiscus, frangipani and fruit trees, leading to 29 luxurious cottages, villas and homes. Each cottage was characterized by a British Colonial, old Bahamas aesthetic with a beachy feel, having modern amenities and first-class service.
- The staff of The Dunmore invite their cherished guests to the ever-welcoming island retreat. Breezy patios, vintage rattan, pink conch shells and 1960s glamour is what makes up this resort paradise. Built by an award-winning architectural firm and designed by a Nassau-based interior designer to emulate the island’s timeless 18th and 19th century style. This 10-acre tropical hideaway is steps from the soft pink sands of Pink Sands Beach. Wake up in one of the prestigious guest cottages and overlook the blue oasis of the ocean while soaking in the warm Bahamian charm.
- Intimate and secluded, this charming family-run hotel has an eclectic mix of accommodations. Choose from five tent cottages, three beach shacks and seven rooms to accommodate your vacation wants and needs. The tent cottages are framed by swaying coconut palm trees with a stunning view of the ocean. The Tree Trunk tent cottage has two palm trees that protrude through the roof to give that continuous outside beach setting. The Beach Shacks feature a sun deck and outdoor claw foot tub and king size Bahamian vintage style bed. Wake up and feel as if you’re away on your own private island.
No matter where you stay, you will experience the essence of the Bahamian charm in Dunmore Town. Air Unlimited hopes you stay awhile and if there is one piece of advice, it’s to extend this vacation. Your tropical paradise awaits, plan ahead and book now!
Your tropical escape awaits! Harbour Island, often called the birthplace of the Bahamas, is one of the new destinations you can explore when flying with Air Unlimited. The natives welcome guests in an effort to boost island tourism and help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian. If you’re looking for a holiday vacation – or vacation away from your vacation – now is the time to book your tropical escape to Harbour Island.
There is a quiet charm to this 3-mile-long and half-mile-wide island. Harbour Island is known as “Briland” to locals for retaining their New England style architecture and laid-back atmosphere. The famed soft coral pink sandy beaches and traditional annual Pineapple Fest are among the highlights of this quaint and colorful island. The island continuously delights its visitors with a tropical flair and postcard-perfect scenes. Voted “The Best Island in the Caribbean” by Travel + Leisure Magazine, Harbour Island is one you do not want to miss out on. Check out some of these fun and exciting things to do on your next visit:
Excursions and Things to Do
A plethora of land and water activities surrounds this petite island. The aquatic playground lets you dip your toes in the warm and gentle waters, as soft pink tone sand and turquoise hues surround you. “Landlubbers”, as locals often call their visitors, can take a stroll down the winding roads to explore the native shops and pastel-colored cottages with white picket fences.
- Captains of this diving center will take you to new depths to explore the coral reefs and another world beneath the seas. Don’t forget to snap a picture on their insta-famous dock that sits right in front of the truly colorful sunsets.
- A real haute-bohemian boutique that is elegant and full of fun. Anyone can shop ‘til they drop in here – there is something for every island shopper’s needs and wants.
- Sail across crystal blue seas while relaxing on Eventide, a classic CSY 44 sloop sailboat. Visit deserted islands, watch majestic dolphins jump across the waters and gather shells and sea glass washed up on the pink sands.
Places to Eat
Enjoy Bahamian food favorites at the tiny and intimate fine dining restaurants all day long while breathing in the fresh beach air. Hope you’re hungry because this island is well-known for these featured restaurants:
- Chef Madelene has been keeping bellies full and leaving smiles for the last 15 years with her divine ricotta hotcakes and honeycomb butter.
- The restaurant defines its cuisine as “Bahamian with a twist” and continues to reign supreme as a top hangout spot in the area. Locals recommend indulging in their lobster quesadilla.
- A romantic restaurant to watch the sunset from the terrace is the perfect place for a night out and fine eating.
Experience this crown jewel of the Caribbean and set forth on a true tropical getaway. Take a flight to Eleuthera and explore Harbour Island with Air Unlimited beginning November 15, 2019 and see what the hype is all about!