There are so many reasons to book a flight to the Abacos, where warm sun, white sand, and turquoise waters await. Here at Air Unlimited, we fly directly to Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay, two leading destinations in the Abaco Islands that offer top-notch resorts, food, and entertainment. That being said, the neighboring islands and towns of the Abacos are easily accessible and worth exploring too. One of these destinations, Hope Town, is a quaint village on the island of Elbow Cay – just a short ferry ride away from Marsh Harbour.
To help plan your next trip to the Abacos, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots in Hope Town below.
Things to Do
Because of Hope Town’s rich history and gorgeous waters, there are plenty of things to do on the island. We recommend:
- The Hope Town Lighthouse – This candy-striped landmark is one of the last manually operated lighthouses in the world. Climb up more than 100 lighthouse steps for a quick workout and some spectacular views of the surrounding area.
- The Wyannnie Malone Museum – History buffs will get a glimpse into the pirates, Lucayan Indians, rum-runners and wreckers of yesteryear. Guests will see Hope Town’s history come alive among the displays of shipbuilding, shipwrecks, hurricanes and torpedoed freighters.
- Froggies Out Island Adventures -Visitors interested in exploring the water should check out scheduled snorkeling and dive trips. Half-day and full-day tours are offered for snorkelers and certified divers, as well as lessons.
Where to Eat
After a day of exploring, we know you’ll be starving. Lucky for you there are plenty of mouth-watering choices. Here are some of our recommendations for places to eat in Hope Town:
- Firefly Bar & Grill – This restaurant is perfect for those looking for a date night destination. The terrace is a great place to catch the sunset over the Sea of Abaco, a beautiful saltwater lagoon while enjoying a delicious meal of fresh fish and local cuisine. Firefly also has a full-service bar and a featured wine list.
- Cap’n Jack’s – This dive bar is nestled in the marina and is the perfect casual spot to grab some local grub, fresh fish or a burger. If you happen to visit on Thursday nights, you can even take part in Trivia Night and interact with the locals.
Where to Stay
So, you know what to do in Hope Town and where to eat, but where should you stay? Allow us to make a couple of suggestions:
- Hope Town Inn and Marina – This relaxed resort is perfect for both couples and families. The inn offers plenty of space and amenities, such as boat rides to the beach, a swim-up pool bar and patio and complimentary kayak and paddleboard rentals.
- Firefly Sunset Resort – This up-scale and pet-friendly resort has seven fully-equipped cottages and villas to choose from. Amenities include golf cart and boat rentals, errand services, excursion planning services and on-location visits from masseuses and nail technicians.
The Abaco Islands are filled with hidden gems like Hope Town, so book a flight to the Abacos at www.flyairunlimited.com and start exploring.
Just in time for National Dress Up Your Dog Day, we’re featuring our crew’s favorite “Pilot Dog”, Bria, who belongs to our very own Co-founder, Chick Gregg. Bria loves to put on her co-pilot hat and join the crew for a quick flight to the Abacos whenever she gets the chance, and she’s not the only dog with her head in the clouds. In fact, dozens of dogs have taken trips with us, thanks to our pet-friendly flight policies.
Most commercial airlines make flying with pets hard, charging expensive fees, requiring piles of paperwork and demanding weeks-to-months of advance notice. Often times, registering your pet for a commercial flight also means flying separately from them. Alternatively, finding the perfect pet sitter or boarding facility isn’t any easier for pet owners looking to vacation. That’s why we decided to offer pet-friendly flights that allow you to bring your pet directly in-cabin with you.
At Air Unlimited, you don’t have to worry about your pets traveling in the cargo hold and being separated from you during the flight. Instead, you can relax knowing that they are safely seated with you. We’re even open to flying unique pets, as long as they meet the Bahamas’ guidelines for clearing customs and meet all the necessary safety regulations.
Our policies allow up to two pets per flight, prioritizing emotional support and service animals first. If you’re interested in bringing your furry friend on your next trip, be sure to call to confirm that a spot is open for them. Our team will make sure that other passengers are aware of the pet joining the flight and that there are no allergy concerns among guests. Pet owners are required to provide official documents concerning vaccinations and proof of good health. For travel to the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, an import permit is required from the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade & Industry, and certain restrictions do apply. From there, pet travel is easy!
On board, trained pets are welcome to relax in the cabin space next to you, and more energetic pets are invited to fly with you on a close harness or in-carrier with their favorite toy. Either way, you’ll be able to watch over your pet every second of the way.
The next time you plan to book a flight to the Abacos, consider bringing your pet along for the ride. The process is simple, and you’ll land in paradise with your pet ready to join in on all the fun. Call us today for more information at (407) 585-4300.
Some of the most common New Year’s Resolutions involve eating healthier, losing weight and being happier. In 2019, step out of the norm and resolve to travel more instead – starting with a flight to the Abacos! Booking a trip to this tropical destination can help jump-start your 2019 travel plans and check off resolutions, such as:
- Create New Memories
- Traveling creates memories that last a lifetime, making it time well spent. You can take solo trips throughout the year for creating more personal memories and group trips to share memories with loved ones. When reflecting on all of your special memories at the end of the year, you’ll be glad that you made traveling a New Year’s resolution.
- Explore ‘Hidden Gems’
- This travel resolution will help you adventure to more quaint places, like the islands of the Abacos. These types of destinations often end up feeling extra special to guests, who feel like they discovered one of the world’s best-kept secrets.
- Experience Different Cultures
- Anytime you travel somewhere new, you have the opportunity to experience the local community’s culture. Enjoying everything the region has to offer from foods and entertainment to dialect and traditions that can teach you about other ways of life. Make it part of your travel resolutions to embrace every new culture you meet in 2019.
- Slow Down and Relax
- Rushing through crowded airports, jumping from city to city too quickly and jam-packing your schedule at every destination can make traveling stressful. In 2019, aim to slow down and relax during your trips. Choose hassle-free options whenever possible, such as choosing Air Unlimited’s private flights over commercial carriers. During your trip, plan time to rejuvenate at a local beach, park or spa – you’ll be happy you did.
- Be Adventurous
- Balancing relaxation with adventure helps keep your trips refreshing and exciting at the same time. Don’t be afraid to try something new, book a spontaneous excursion or switch up your usual plans. 2019 is the year for being more adventurous!
Take the first step toward a travel-filled year by booking a flight to the Abacos today, where you’ll start the year off by relaxing in one of the most beautiful settings. You can save on tickets by purchasing our limited-time coupon book, available in 6 and 10 round-trip ticket options. Click here for more information.
We’re only a few weeks away from The Combustion Music Hope Town Music Festival, a spectacular songwriter festival held each year in Hope Town, Bahamas to support local charities. Book a flight to the Abacos for this fun-filled event, taking place December 7 – 12, and delight in top musical talent with a tropical view. Best of all, know that your participation helps give back to this wonderful island community.
Friends and families heading to the event can expect to enjoy an assortment of music, food, and fun while overlooking the gorgeous island scenery. Celebrating its fifth year running, the festival has attracted an impressive line-up of songwriters since its establishment in 2013. In fact, this talented line-up has collectively written over 150 #1 hit singles! Each day special performances will take place in various island hotspots, including:
- Friday, December 7: Hope Town Harbour Lodge at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, December 8: Harbour’s Edge at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, December 9: Abaco Inn at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 9: Hope Town Inn & Marina at 8 p.m.
In addition to enjoying the festival, island visitors are invited to try all of the outstanding beaches, restaurants, shops and excursions that Hope Town has to offer. Most destinations around the island are easily accessible by foot, but for those looking for faster transportation, Hope Town Cart Rentals offers reliable cart services. There are also ferries available for island hopping.
This time of year, travel services and accommodations tend to sell-out in the Bahamas for events like The Combustion Music Hope Town Music Festival, so it’s important to start booking now to secure a spot. Flying with Air Unlimited, you can arrive in style to celebrate the brilliant songwriters and island activities taking place. Don’t wait until it’s too late, and make sure to book online today!
Studies have concluded that taking a relaxing vacation can have major health benefits. Relaxing vacations help people lower their stress levels and increase their energy. This means taking time off work might be exactly what you need to feel renewed and refreshed. Air Unlimited offers the ultimate travel experience for people looking to relax with its hassle-free booking, convenient and comfortable private flight options, and tropical destinations.
Planning a trip like this isn’t just luxurious, it’s also beneficial for your well-being. Studies show that vacations can relieve mental and physical stress, in turn, preventing serious health concerns, such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Lowered stress levels are also known to help with focus and concentration, meaning a relaxing vacation could make you more productive upon your return. On the flip side, continuous work, without quality breaks, is proven to make people feel blocked, tired and unmotivated over time.
Traveling is also great for physical health, as it keeps you moving and active. Even if you have to sit in a car or plane to reach your destination, you quickly get back on your feet once you’ve arrived. Vacationers typically like to explore, taking in the experiences around them by walking, biking, swimming or booking an activity or excursion.
Another key benefit of travel is its ability to improve your mood during and after your trip. While on vacation, your happiness is shared with your travel companions, helping you bond with family and friends to create memories for a lifetime. These effects can extend past the duration of your trip too, as research shows that regular vacationers report feeling happier every day.
If you’re looking to take advantage of these health benefits and more, Air Unlimited flies daily to the Abacos in the Bahamas, offering the perfect opportunity to take a relaxing vacation. We strive to make every trip as carefree as possible, offering free luggage (up to 40 lbs.), free valet parking and quick check-in. Once in the Bahamas, travelers experience miles of secluded sandy beaches, soothing ocean waves, and fun activities for everyone, such as fishing, boating, and snorkeling. Taking a flight to the Abacos is a great way to reset, so you can come back feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Book a flight now, using our secure booking engine at www.flyairunlimited.com.
Many people dread packing for a trip and end up waiting until the last minute to prepare their suitcase. This procrastination often means rushing to pack a bag and accidentally forgetting important items. That’s why Air Unlimited is offering travel organization tips to help people easily and efficiently pack their luggage for a carefree vacation. Here are some of our best tips for making your next packing experience a success:
- Taking the time to organize your items can set you up for a relaxing vacation, without any hiccups. Before packing, know the requirements and restrictions for your trip. If you’re flying with Air Unlimited, you can bring any items that are in compliance with the FAA regulations. You are also allowed to bring your own alcohol and drinks, and luggage travels free up to 40 pounds on any of our flights. This is not always the case at commercial airlines, so it’s important to check your carrier’s rules ahead of time.
- It’s also helpful to research your destination, so you can pack in accordance with local regulations, weather patterns and popular tourist activities. For example, many places in the Abacos don’t accept credit cards, so travelers should bring cash for buying local goods and excursion packages. The islands are also known to be a tropical paradise, so we recommend packing a bathing suit and plenty of sunscreen!
Keep it Simple
- Packing can seem like a daunting task, so keeping it simple is key. Don’t overwhelm yourself by packing items you don’t need. Stick to basic colors and fabrics, so you can mix-and-match outfits easily and consolidate your clothing. If you get cold easily, bring one jacket that goes with all of your outfits, so you won’t have to pack several. Similarly, limit the number of shoes that you need to bring by finding ones that will coordinate with multiple outfits.
Pack Like A ‘Pro’
- In addition to planning and simplifying your luggage, there are several travel organization tips that will have you packing like a ‘pro’ in no time. For example, you can keep your suitcase clean by packing shoes inside of shower caps, dryer sheets inside of jean pockets, and empty grocery bags for stashing dirty or wet items in. You can also save space by rolling your clothes, instead of folding them, and by packing heavier items at the bottom of your luggage and lighter items on top.
Using these tips, we hope you are ready to start packing for a memorable trip to the Abacos with Air Unlimited. Our crew is always happy to provide additional tips and tricks to make your next vacation the best yet, so give us a call any time! You can reach us at (407) 585-4300 with questions or book your reservation online at flyairunlimited.com.
Sea turtle nesting season goes through the end of October, so travelers booking an upcoming flight to the Abaco Islands should know what to do if they encounter a nest during their trip. With sea turtles officially listed as an endangered species, it’s critical that they are treated with caution by locals and tourists alike. Air Unlimited can share with you what you need to know about these spectacular creatures and how you can help protect them, not only during nesting season but year-round.
While visiting the Abaco Islands, you may choose to go snorkeling in the tropical reefs, where you may spot a sea turtle enjoying the clear waters of the Bahamas. As exciting as it is to swim alongside a sea turtle, refrain from touching them or interfering with their habitat. Instead, take in this amazing experience from a distance and keep an eye out for their paddle-shaped flippers, large shells and marked colorings, which are unique to each sea turtle species.
When strolling along the sandy beaches during nesting season, there is the chance of coming across sea turtle eggs. Touching the eggs could be harmful to the turtles, so stay back from the nest to avoid accidentally disrupting it. If you see the mother nearby, stand still and allow her to travel easily around her nest. At nighttime, any artificial light, such as a phone, camera or flashlight could confuse the turtles from following the natural moonlighting, so be prepared to embrace the dark around a nesting space. If you have the once-in-a-lifetime experience to encounter the eggs while they are hatching, walk carefully in the sand to avoid stepping on the baby turtles, as they journey toward the sea. These tiny turtles will be working their way to the waves, where they can take their very first swim.
We hope you have the opportunity to see these beautiful creatures during your next trip to the islands. Not only are they majestic, but they are also vital to the health of the oceans. Sea turtles graze on seagrass and jellyfish populations, control sponge distribution and transport nutrients across the water.
Whether its nesting season or not, taking a flight to the Abaco Islands is the first step toward your chance of enjoying these wild animals, and Air Unlimited is here to get you there! Book your flight today either online or by calling us at (407) 585-4300.
Whether it’s piloting a short flight to the Abacos or leading an aircrew on a long-distance journey, all pilots have had to earn their ‘wings.’ Wings are a recognized badge in the aviation industry that pilots proudly wear on their uniforms. This emblem has an interesting history and is designed for everything from representing a pilot’s license to serving as a charming memento!
The crew at Air Unlimited knows how special it feels to earn a pair of pilot wings, as many of our team members started their fascination for aviation as a child, dreaming of the day they’d earn their own badge. Now, this day can come sooner for youth that feels passionate about flying, thanks to our Junior Pilot Program. Through this program, families can register their kids to have the rare chance to sit in the cockpit with the pilot during their flight to the Abaco Islands and experience spectacular views from the front of the plane, all while learning about the wonders of air travel. Afterward, children co-pilots receive a certificate with a commemorative photo, a souvenir, and their very own pilot wings.
The meaning of pilot wings goes back to the early 1900s when one of the first commercial airlines started scheduling passenger services, making crew uniforms come into fashion. As part of their uniform, pilots started wearing shiny, specialty wings to showcase their qualifications. Around the same time, military aviation became prominent during World War I, and soldiers started earning their wings based on their flight experience, rank, and accomplishments. In both commercial and military aviation, the design of a pilot’s wings distinguished their seniority or merit, thus changing in color, material, embellishments, and patterns based on its intended purpose. To this day, earning wings is a significant and exciting moment for any pilot, considering the hours of hard work, schooling, in-flight training and experience required to receive this token of achievement.
Knowing the valued history and meaning behind pilot wings, we want to share this special keepsake with young passengers and inspire their love for aviation through the Junior Pilot Program. Register children for this unique experience for just $50, and you can enjoy an unforgettable flight to the Abaco Islands. Interested parties should call our team directly at (407) 585-4300.
Catching a flight to the Abaco Islands is easier than ever with Air Unlimited. We strive to make everything easy and convenient with quick reservations, free valet parking, a simple and fast check-in process, and pet-friendly travel. We are committed to making travel a breeze for families with children and even offer a Junior Pilot Program for the little ones.
“We’re a family company, and we treat everyone like family at Air Unlimited,” said Mark Neubauer, co-founder and pilot at Air Unlimited. “Families feel more comfortable waiting in our lounge before the flight, as opposed to waiting in a busy airport. With our service, there’s no need to worry about kids getting lost or overwhelmed in a crowded airport.”
Air Unlimited flights are cost-efficient and transport guests to the tropical islands on planes that allow families to sit together in an intimate, yet spacious atmosphere while enjoying an outstanding window-view from every seat. Accommodating up to nine people on each flight, this high-quality flight service keeps families close, waiting lines short and the boarding process quick and easy. Air Unlimited also permits pets to sit with guests in the cabin, so that four-legged family members don’t get left behind.
Traveling with kids can be tough. The waiting and crowds are enough to upset parents and children alike. Flying with Air Unlimited takes the stress out of traveling. Guests will receive free valet parking where their car will be parked in Air Unlimited’s secure parking lot and will be waiting for them at the hangar when they return. Guests pass the time in a lounge-like waiting area with plenty of space for parents and kids to relax before the flight. After boarding the plane, families will enjoy a fast and comfortable ride to the Abacos, arriving in just over an hour with no layovers.
In addition to these top-notch services, Air Unlimited offers a unique experience for children with its Junior Pilot Program. Signing up for this special service allows children to sit in the cockpit with the pilot, an experience not many kids can say they’ve had! Youth will enjoy the awe and excitement of having the best view on the plane and get to learn about the wonders of air travel from an experienced pilot. Many pilots at Air Unlimited began their fascination with aviation at a young age, and through this program, the company hopes to give children a flight experience that may spark their own curiosity for the field.
If you’re ready for the family vacation of a lifetime call to book a flight to the Abaco Islands with Air Unlimited: (407) 585-4300.