On September 1st, 2019 Hurricane Dorian made landfall in The Abacos bring unimaginable devastation to the main island and outer cays. However, with much determination and resilience The Abacos are rebuilding as quickly as possible to welcome you back with open arms. Below are a list of business that are currently open. If you know of a business that is not listed, please let us know!
Resorts & Vacation Rentals
- The Abaco Club on Winding Bay (South Abaco) is open and welcoming guests!
- Pete's Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) Has rental cottages available. Full details found on Pete's website.
- The Sandpiper Inn (South Abaco) is open. (242) 699-2056
- The Abaco Inn has rentals available and is serving breakfast, lunch, & dinner.
- Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina (Marsh Harbour) Rooms are available, but resort services are limited. If you would like to check on the availability of rooms please call toll free 877-533-4799, locally 242-367-2158, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Turtle Hill Villas (Elbow Cay) Open and offering hurricane rates while undergoing repairs.
- Dive Guana has rental accommodations available.
- Abaco Vacation Planner can assist with nightly, weekly, and monthly rental accommodations.
- Island Property Management Rental properties available. Email email@example.com or call (242) 357-6566 for more information.
- Pete's Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) Open for Dinner on Friday's and Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Sundays. Consult their facebook page for the latest updates regarding hours and menus!
- Cap'n Jacks (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) serving pizza Friday through Sunday evenings. Call or Whatsapp (242) 475-2927 for pizza menu or to place order.
- On Da Beach Bar & Grill (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) Open and serving a limited menu.
- The Abaco Inn is serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Mcintosh Restaurant & Bakery (Green Turtle Cay) open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Pineapples Bar & Grill (Green Turtle Cay) open daily at 4pm for drinks and snacks. Visit their facebook page for the latest information.
- Sundowners has rental accommodations available. Open for drinks at outside bar on Friday and Saturdays.
- Russell's Taxi Service
Debbie Russell (Taxi #134) – Phone (242) 805-6419 or (242) 475-3259 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Walter “Lil Russ” Russell (Taxi #130) – Phone (242) 553-7425 or email email@example.com
- Da Bush 'n Da Beach taxi service in South Abaco
- Abaco Uber available via phone or Whatsapp at (242) 825-0815.
- Joe Knowles (Taxi #75) can be reached by phone or Whatsapp at (242) 359-6270 or (242) 826-4718
- Maryann Archer (Marsh Harbour) can be reached at (242) 577-5200
- Mark Douglas (Taxi #13) Can be reached at (242) 577-7702
Also offering home gutting and debris removal services
- Donna Burrows (Taxi #157) can be reached at (242) 559-8304.
- Maryann Archer can be reached at (242) 577-5200
- Big Sam Taxi service can be reached at (242) 801-7673
- Cay MillsTaxi service can be reached at (242) 475-1463
- G&L Ferries reference their facebook page for the latest ferry schedules.
- Green Turtle Cay Ferries are running a modified scheduled currently:
From GTC to the Treasure Cay Ferry Dock: 6:30am (Mon-Fri, from town only), 7:30am (except Sundays), 8am, 10am, 12:45pm, 3pm and 4:30pm. From the Treasure Cay Ferry Dock to GTC: 7:10am (Mon-Fri), 7:45am (except Sundays), 8:30am, 10:30am, 1pm, 3:30pm and 5pm.